School Innovation and Improvement Plan
An at-a-glance look at outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Oakton Elementary School
Christine Kelley, Principal
English Language Arts Strategies
- By June 2024, the percentage of grades 1-3 students demonstrating 'on-grade-level' reading as measured by the iReady assessment and ORF will increase by 15 percent.
- By June 2024, the percentage of special education students in grades 1-3 demonstrating 'on-grade-level' reading as measured by the iReady assessment and ORF will increase by 10 percent.
- Expand access to evidence-based tier 1 instruction as well as intervention for students demonstrating risk in a multi-tiered system of supports.
- Increase use of data (e.g., iReady, CORE, PASS, PRF, WIDA) to plan instruction and monitor progress for students demonstrating risk.
- Increase impact of tier 2 interventions for students demonstrating risk by using FCPS-recommended programs and practices with fidelity (e.g., Lexia, UFLI).
- By June 2024, the percentage of grades 4-6 students who receive a passing unadjusted score on the Math SOL will increase by 5 percent.
- By June 2024, the percentatge of ELL students in grades 4-6 who receive a passing unadjusted score on the Math SOL will increase by 5 percent.
- Improve teachers’ implementation of Framework for Engaging & Student-Centered Mathematics Instruction.
- Increase teacher implementation of explicit instruction and other components of effective mathematics intervention.
Portrait of a Graduate Strategies
- By June 2024, all students in Grades 2, 4, and 5 will complete a POG POL in which they reflect on growth of school identified POG attributes. The POG POL will be scored using the FCPS POG POL rubric.
- By June 2024, 100% of students in Grades K, 1, 3, & 6 will show growth on school identified POG attributes using POG self-reflections scored with the FCPS POG rubric given at the beginning of the year and the end of the year.
- Collaborative Teams will align content knowledge and skills with POG attributes and skills.
- Teachers will design and facilitate inquiry based opportunities that provide meaningful learning experiences that support POG skill practice.
- POG language integrated into school culture.