Kiss & Ride
Need to sign up your child for Kiss & Ride? Please read over our procedures below and sign up using the link at the bottom of this page.
Kiss & Ride is a designated loop for parents to drop off or pick up children before and after school. Our Kiss & Ride is located at the back of the school on Miller Road. For Kiss and Ride to function properly, parents must follow these procedures:
- A school staff member will provide supervision for Kiss & Ride from 8:55 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. and from 3:55 p.m. to 4:05 p.m.
- Children will load and unload from the passenger side of the car only, so that they do not cross in front of the carpool cars.
- Drivers of school-aged children must remain in the car.
- Cars must stay in a single file line as they move to and from the Kiss & Ride area. For the safety of the children, no passing will be permitted in the Kiss & Ride area.
- Parents intending to enter the building must park in the front parking lot and report to the main office.
- Inclement weather presents an added safety concern for children who are privately transported. Extreme caution is necessary on rainy days when traffic is unusually heavy.
- Please be kind and patient while using Kiss & Ride. It is important that all adults set a good example of cooperation and consideration for all of our children.
- Each student and parent will be assigned a matching number. Please place the parent copy of this number on your dashboard when you return to pick up your child. The student will keep their number with them.
- Parents carpooling other students must have those students’ Kiss & Ride numbers.
Thank you for your efforts to keep Oakton Elementary School a safe place for children!!
To register your child for Kiss & Ride, please click here to fill out this online form.You will need to complete a separate form for each child using Kiss & Ride.