Kiss & Ride
Translate this page
Need to sign up your child for Kiss & Ride? Please read over our procedures below and sign up using the link at the bottom of this page.
Kiss & Ride is a designated loop for parents to drop off or pick up children before and after school. Our Kiss & Ride is located at the back of the school on Miller Road. For Kiss and Ride to function properly, parents must follow these procedures:
- A school staff member will provide supervision for Kiss & Ride from 8:55 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. and starting at 4:00 p.m.
- Children will load and unload from the passenger side of the car only, so that they do not cross in front of the carpool cars.
- Drivers of school-aged children must remain in the car.
- Cars must stay in a single file line as they move to and from the Kiss & Ride area. For the safety of the children, no passing will be permitted in the Kiss & Ride area.
- Inclement weather presents an added safety concern for children who are privately transported. Extreme caution is necessary on rainy days when traffic is unusually heavy.
- Please be kind and patient while using Kiss & Ride. It is important that all adults set a good example of cooperation and consideration for all of our children.
- Each student and parent will be assigned a matching number. Please place the parent copy of this number on your dashboard when you return to pick up your child. The student will have their number attached to their backpack.
- Parents carpooling other students must have those students’ Kiss & Ride numbers.
Thank you for your efforts to keep Oakton Elementary School a safe place for children!!
To register your child for Kiss & Ride, please click here to fill out this online form. You will need to complete a separate form for each child using Kiss & Ride.