Bell Schedule & Office Hours
- Monday - Friday: doors open at 9:05 a.m. School starts at 9:15 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Emergency School Closing, Delayed Opening or Early Dismissal
In the event of an emergency, such as extreme heat, cold or snow, the Division Superintendent may decide to:
- Close schools for the day
- Open schools two hours late. School starts at 11:15 a.m.
- Close schools two hours early. School ends at 2:00 p.m.
All emergency closings and delayed openings shall be announced in the following ways:
- Listed on the Fairfax County Public Schools web site: www.fcps.edu.
- Sent by electronic mail (e-mail) (Keep in Touch page 13).
- Carried on the division’s public access channel, Cox Cable Channel 21.
- Closings and delayed openings are provided to local radio and television stations no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Early closings are provided to local stations no later than 10:30 a.m.
- All schools shall be closed for the day.
- Extracurricular activities, interscholastic contests, team practices, field trips, adult and community education classes, and recreation programs in schools and on school grounds are canceled.
Two-Hour Delayed Opening
- Doors open at 11:05 a.m. School starts at 11:15 a.m.
- Students in grades K-6 shall report two hours later than their regular schedule.
- All offices are open unless the closing of offices is specified.
With any delayed opening, the buses will arrive to pick up the students two hours later than the regularly scheduled time.